For those of you lucky enough to spend Christmas at Walt Disney World, there are a host of Christmas themed activities: Osborne Festival of Dancing Lights, Candlelight Procession… For those of us wanting more than the secular Santa, Christmas trees, and gifts, there are options. I hope that following guide will help you to remember and celebrate the birth of Jesus.
Christmas Worship Services at Walt Disney World Contemporary Resort
In the Fantasia Ballroom:
- Catholic Mass: 8:00 and 10:15 a.m.
- Non-denominational Protestant worship: 9:00 a.m.
You will need to plan ahead. Parking will not be available. Give yourself plenty of time.
- From Magic Kingdom, either walk or ride the monorail. It is about a 1/2 mile walk from the entrance to Magic Kingdom to the Contemporary Resort Conference building. You can also board the Resort Monorail loop. The Contemporary Resort will be the first stop. It is the one which the monorails runs through the middle. Follow signs and/or ask directions.
- From Epcot, ride the Monorail to the Transport and Ticket Center. Then switch to the Resort Loop Monorail. You will zip past the Polynesian, Grand Floridian, and Magic Kingdom before arriving at the Contemporary.
- From the Monorail linked resorts (Polynesian and Grand Floridian) you can simply ride the monorail.
- From any other resort, Animal Kingdom, or Hollywood Studios, your easiest link will be catching the bus to Magic Kingdom; then, either walking or taking the Resort Loop Monorail.
Joyful! A Gospel Celebration of the Season
Multiple times per day at Epcot, the Gospel group D’Vine Voices sing high energy Christmas songs. While not a worship service, you can still sing praise and carols and remember the true reason for the season.
Local churches welcome guests to their Christmas and Christmas Eve services. Since WDW is so huge, you will have to have a car. There are several denominations located nearby. The cast members at your resort’s concierge desk should be able to assist you and provide a list.
House of Blues! at Disney Springs
Kirk Franklin’s Gospel Brunch
Note: This falls on Christmas Day this year!
Every Sunday, House of Blues! at Disney Springs hosts gospel singer Kirk Franklin’s Gospel Brunch at 10:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. This is a ticketed event that requires reservations. If you can’t make one of the Christmas services or if you are just looking for a Sunday service, this popular, high-energy gospel sing may be just the ticket.
Merry Christmas from Family Travel Escapades!
We hope this helps you enjoy Christmas Worship Services at Walt Disney World.